Monday, May 10, 2010

The Bra Request

The bra request

How young is too young for a bra?

Back in the day when I was young….wait song in my head…way back when…alright when I was younger, the only girls who had training bras in elementary school were the overweight fifth grade girls (uh myself included)

Seriously, I’m not going to name names but since when was it okay for a skinny second grader to even think to ask for such an item? Tank tops and undershirts okay but a training bra,

“…for practice”?

“To practice what exactly? You have years before you need something like that.”

The very young woman in question then went on to say that her friends had them. Really? So this means that some mother purchased a bra for her 2nd grader, for no other reason then she asked for it? Where’s the social responsibility people, these are 7 and 8 year-olds we are talking about? No doubt it’s something that resembles a sports bra but what are these girls doing on the playground (besides showing off their “bras” that require even that?)

My advise, “Instead of changing your underwear, change your friends”

In my opinion “The Bra” right of passage should occur as necessary and before entering middle school, along with cell phones, I mean what does a kindergartener need with a cell? Don’t get me started that’s a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment